No.: 375/ICA/NB/PN Date: 12/10/2012
Traffic regulations during Durga Puja
In connection with the collection of images for Durga Puja festival, 2012 from different thakur patti on and from 14.10.2012 to 19.10.2012, the Commissioner of Police, Kolkata has ordered that the movement of vehicles shall be regulated in the following manner from 14.00 hours on 14.10.2012 to 04.00 hours on 19.10.2012, notwithstanding any other orders in force on those days.
1) All types of vehicles proceeding to collect images will be diverted to enter Rabindra Sarani for Kumartuli complex through Jatindra Mohon Avenue, Raja Naba Krishna Street etc. and to go out via Madan Mohon Tala and /or Bagbazar Street etc.
2) Goods vehicles, except those connected with the image lifting, will be diverted to move along Strand Road, Nimtala Ghat Street, B.K.Pal Avenue, Jatindra Mohon Avenue, Girish Avenue for their both up and down journeys, instead of taking Rabindra Sarani.
3) All types of vehicles connected with image lifting will be allowed to move throughout the city during the aforesaid time and dates.
4) There will be no parking of vehicles on Strand Bank Road in between Sovabazar Street and D.C. Banerjee Road for smo oth dispersal of vehicles carrying images.
5) Vehicles meant for carrying images will be allowed to park on the western side along Rabindra Sarani from its crossing with Sovabazar Street to Bagbazar Street.
6) No vehicles, except the vehicles connected with image lifting, shall be allowed to enter on Kalighat Road from South to North from the crossing of Hazra Road and Kalighat Road.
7) Tram Service along Rabindra Sarani between Sovabazar crossing and Galiff Street may be suspended from 14.00 hrs on 14.10.2012 till 04.00 hrs on 19.10.2012 and along Rabindra Sarani between M.G.Road and Sovabazar crossing may be regulated from 14.10.2012 to 19.10.2012 as and when considered necessary by the Police on duty.
8) These regulations shall be enforced in addition to the other normal restrictions on those days, which are not repugnant to the above.